broke head bolts

Discuss anything you want.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

buddy saddle
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_2dr_Sedan

broke head bolts

Post by buddy saddle » Sun Sep 1st, 2013 6:53

I WAS TRYING TO REMOVE HEAD ON MY 49,BROKE THREE HEAD BOLTS TWO LOW NEAR THE BLOCK ONE FLUSH WITH HEAD.WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THEM OUT?STUPID QUESTION BUT I DONT KNOW WILL THE HEAD SLIDE UP OVER BROKE BOLTS?I THINK THE MOTOR HAS WATER IN IT CAN I STILL BORE AND REBUILD IT?

194950dj
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: broke head bolts

Post by 194950dj » Mon Sep 2nd, 2013 7:19

Time to remove motor and take to a machine shop for advice unless you are really experieced. Then your questions can be answered by very knowledgable persons.
My 2 cents!

Doug

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by Johnny_S » Tue Sep 3rd, 2013 2:35

Broken head bolts can be tough and if you haven't had any experience removing them I'd second that recommendation. You MIGHT be able to bring the entire car in without engine removal so I'd check around first before opting to pull the motor.

buddy saddle
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by buddy saddle » Sun Sep 8th, 2013 4:16

194950dj wrote:Time to remove motor and take to a machine shop for advice unless you are really experieced. Then your questions can be answered by very knowledgable persons.
My 2 cents!

Doug
Thanks,I pulled the motor,going to machine shop for complete re build,Buddy

buddy saddle
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by buddy saddle » Sun Sep 8th, 2013 4:21

[quote="Johnny_S"]Broken head bolts can be tough and if you haven't had any experience removing them I'd second that recommendation. You MIGHT be able to bring the entire car in without engine removal so I'd check around first before opting to pull the motor. Planned rebuild,so motor out and on way to machine shop,thanks Buddy Saddle