did plymouth ever produce govt cars in 49'

Need help finding out what model or year Plymouth you have? Need to ID a part?
49spdeluxe
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

did plymouth ever produce govt cars in 49'

Post by 49spdeluxe » Fri May 1st, 2009 2:16

hi im new,

my plymouth's identification number is 12120242. the person i purchased the car from bought the car in taos, new mexico. i know that the car was originally made in detroit.
the original color was bolivia green. i was wondering if it could have been a forestry ranger car. it has been painted a couple of times already so no luck with finding a painted forestry seal. the reason it could be a forestry car is because the whole city is surrouned by the carson national forest.

so if anyone has any imformation it would help out. thanks

Specialdeluxe
Administrator

Re: did plymouth ever produce govt cars in 49'

Post by Specialdeluxe » Fri May 1st, 2009 8:53

Welcome to the site! From you ID I can confirm that you have a Detroit made P18 Special Deluxe. Have any friends that work at the DMV? That's how I was able to track mine. Apart from a lot of footwork and phone calls I'm not sure how else you'd find out? Maybe the forestry service has records?

49spdeluxe wrote:hi im new,

my plymouth's identification number is 12120242. the person i purchased the car from bought the car in taos, new mexico. i know that the car was originally made in detroit.
the original color was bolivia green. i was wondering if it could have been a forestry ranger car. it has been painted a couple of times already so no luck with finding a painted forestry seal. the reason it could be a forestry car is because the whole city is surrouned by the carson national forest.

so if anyone has any imformation it would help out. thanks

Good going in your Plymouth! :driving:

Paul Schettner
'49plymouth.com - Webmaster

49spdeluxe
Hey! I'm new here.

Re: did plymouth ever produce govt cars in 49'

Post by 49spdeluxe » Tue May 5th, 2009 11:16

thanks for the input...