different P-18 2- doors?

Need help finding out what model or year Plymouth you have? Need to ID a part?
boardwalkmike
Hey! I'm new here.

different P-18 2- doors?

Post by boardwalkmike » Tue Jan 2nd, 2007 1:48

On this website they list two different 1949 2-door club coupes (sedan) for P-18's. A deluxe and a special deluxe, can anyone describe the differences, i'm trying to figure out what i have. Thanks, Mike.

adam_knox
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by adam_knox » Fri Jan 5th, 2007 7:05

easiest way to tell a special deluxe from a deluxe is the chrome rock gaurds (or whatever they are) on the rear wheels of the car. THere's one plate on each side. Hope that helps. I think special deluxe's also have "special deluxe" signature chrome on 'em, but don't quote me on that! =)

boardwalkmike
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by boardwalkmike » Sun Jan 14th, 2007 11:39

Thanks for the help Adam!

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by Johnny_S » Mon Jan 15th, 2007 7:53

Yes, Adam is correct. It's pretty much all in the trim level. All P18's have the same wheel base for starters.....however, the Deluxe P17's have a shorter wheelbase. Interior on the P18 Deluxe is toned down....the door panels do not have the trim strip that divides the panel into two cloth cover parts....its all one large panel. There are generally no armrests in the Deluxe version but there are armrests in the drivers/passenger doors in the Special Deluxe. The wood grain dash is the same on both. The Deluxe has the name badge Deluxe on the front fenders where the Special Deluxe....says just that. The center button on the steering wheel is ivory with a Plymouth symbol in the middle in red and blue I believe. The horn button on the Deluxe in the middle of the wheel sounds the horn. There is no horn ring. In the Special Deluxe there is a horn ring....chrome.....in addition to a Mayflower ship in the middle of a gold center horn button. The Deluxe does not have the stone guards on the rear fenders. The Special Deluxe does. If you wish to see photos I can send some.

boardwalkmike
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by boardwalkmike » Thu Jan 25th, 2007 8:44

Thanks Johnny! I dont need pics now - i can tell the difference.