Need to sell our Lucille

Post here for the Cars you have for sale!

Moderator: Specialdeluxe

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Need to sell our Lucille

Post by Root Beer Stand » Sat Sep 24th, 2011 5:26

As some of you know I had some health problems a couple years ago. Took some time off, economy went to crap around here for a while, got hosed on some of the rentals big time, sued for 15K, won but still had to pay a few thousand to defend myself, gas prices and everything else went way up, our daughter fell on very hard times so we have almost supported her for the last year and now we need to raise about 15K to pay off some real estate taxes without dipping into our nest egg or borrowing it.
Lucille (http://www.49plymouth.com/forum/viewtop ... 1472#p1472) is on the list to go as is our old (87) 30 foot motor home and our hardly used entertainment equipment and trailer.
We hate to see her go........... Like to keep our home though.
We are in Logan County Ohio.
She is a great ole car for a 62 year old. Generator is not working as of the last two weeks but other than the original radio everything works great
53K miles.
The appraisal was $5650 3 years ago and I figure she has lost no value. I will however take real offers for a really nice 90-95% original 49 Special Deluxe

RBS
"Lucille" the Grandkids, the Mrs, and me!!

p18plywood
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Station_Wagon

Re: Need to sell our Lucille

Post by p18plywood » Mon Sep 26th, 2011 3:35

I'm sorry to hear about this. If it is any consolation there is a lot of it going around,especially amongst the folk of our older generation. Just when we thought we could slow down a bit. I really feel bad for the current generation. They'll just ahve to keep treading water. We at least saw some good years.
Gerry

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member

Post by Root Beer Stand » Mon Sep 26th, 2011 5:14

We are going to keep fighting Gerry. Was at the bank today and talked to the tax lady too.
The tax lady says if we can do a 10% payment every six months on arrears and stay current with taxes we will stay out of foreclosure.... Wow 12K a year in real estate taxes for 5 years sounds fun......... LOL
The good years may be gone but the memories and morals of the time when hard work and keeping your name good meant more than making a ton of money anyway you could are being passed on to our kids and their kids.......

RBS

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by Johnny_S » Mon Oct 31st, 2011 9:06

Good luck .... thinking about how many of us this "CHANGE" thing is affecting.

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member

Post by Root Beer Stand » Tue Nov 1st, 2011 3:03

We have change, went to the Dollar store and spent most of it today! :P:

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Tue Nov 1st, 2011 3:07

So now even the CHANGE is going away .... !

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member

Post by Root Beer Stand » Wed Jun 10th, 2015 6:14

Lucille found a new home yesterday, the young man who logged our woods bought her for his father. Should have seen him with his test drive with the "three on the tree"! :lol: :lol:
Only 15 miles or so away which is good.
Grandkids don't know yet and for them I feel bad. We spent some GREAT times this spring cruising.
It was a good home for her it seemed and we will miss the rides with the kids. He told me he bought her for his father.
What an awesome piece of American work Lucille is!
As for our problems we have have some awesome blessings handed to us since the first post. We have tried to be good stewards of them.
Able to get most of our taxes and other bills current and get ahead on a few. Things are looking brighter and the equity from Lucille will give us a nice buffer.

I want to thank all of you who offered advice, parts and encouragement to me and the wife.

Love you guys!

Going to hang around if it is ok with Paul.

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Wed Jun 10th, 2015 8:54

Congrats ..... it's hard to do !