1949 Plymouth 2 door with overdrive for sale, drive it home

Post here for the Cars you have for sale!

Moderator: Specialdeluxe

widall
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Club_Coupe

1949 Plymouth 2 door with overdrive for sale, drive it home

Post by widall » Thu Mar 18th, 2010 7:07

This is a 71,000-mile survivor. This car has been my good weather daily driver for the last 5 years. It starts, runs, drives, stops good. Most of the trim is stainless and is good, the chrome hood ornament and trunk ornament has pitting. The bumpers are not perfect but are very good. The car has a 1952 Plymouth 3 speed with overdrive transmission and bucket front seats from an S10. The original front seat goes with the car if wanted.

The overdrive transmission allows the car to cruise easily at highway speeds. The overdrive is excellent, no noise, shifts in and out fine. The second gear synchronizer has some wear, shifting from high to second when going fast causes a mild “scrape”. Other than that the transmission is fine, no noise, never jumps out of gear, does not leak, etc.

The flat head 6-cylinder engine holds good oil pressure and runs cool. There are some oil seeps but nothing serious. The battery is about 1 year old. I do not know the history of the car but my guess is that the engine has been rebuilt. (I acquired the car from an estate sale). Tires are near new and are radials. Body is solid with some dents and only one small rust through on the door (see pictures). Paint and headliner are very bad. A new headliner and windlass go with the car.

Floors have been repaired with new metal. The trunk floor is good except with one patch panel in the left rear. The spare tire may be the original. Tire well is good.

Everything works except for the gas gage, dome light, and license plate light. The gas gage quit about a year ago, I suspect the float in the tank sunk.

This car would be an easy restore, drive while sanding or use as is as I have done.
e-mail or call 573-406-9740 with questions. $2950 or $2500 with the original transmission in place of the overdrive.

theyodaman
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: 1949 Plymouth 2 door with overdrive for sale, drive it h

Post by theyodaman » Sun Aug 5th, 2012 12:46

Hi, I am interested in your 49' plymouth if it is still avaliable. If it is can you send some pic's? Also where is it located? Thanks!