dont know how to post pics

Need help with a site feature?

Moderator: Specialdeluxe

kyleboulet
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

dont know how to post pics

Post by kyleboulet » Fri Oct 1st, 2010 5:31

Can anyone help me on how to post pics of my 49? I cant figure it out and want to show my car

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: dont know how to post pics

Post by Johnny_S » Fri Oct 1st, 2010 10:00

There are at least two ways to post photos that I'm aware of. One is to attach a photo to your posting pretty much like you do an attachment to an email. You first have to have the photo on your computer, know the path to the photo, and then after you type the message you use the "Browse" command at the bottom of the screen to find that photo on your computer (determine the "path"), click on it to open it, and then click on upload ("add the file" on this site) to allow the file to upload to this system. This is the best way to do it since you actually put a copy of the photo into this 49Plymouth system and it will stay attached essentially until Paul (the list owner) deletes it.

The alternative way is to post your photo to a photo service like Photobucket or Webshots and then just include the link to that photo in your message. The viewer may have to click on the link to actually go see the photo but its there as long as the link is valid. However, if you delete the photo from your photo storage location and/or the link changes the photo disappears as no copy is actually placed on this 49plymouth forum.