frame swap

Stock or Custom Frame Discussion.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

tmbmac
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

frame swap

Post by tmbmac » Thu Oct 7th, 2010 3:47

Im a new member and I just bought a 4 door special deluxe. I want to put the body on a different frame. Does anyone know what frame is best to fit. I was told a S-10 extended cab short box. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: frame swap

Post by Johnny_S » Fri Oct 8th, 2010 7:01

Morning ... and welcome to the forum. There's not a lot of activity in the area of frame swapping with these cars. That's not to say that it hasn't been done. The original frames are strong as an ox and with few modifications such as disc brakes, shock relocation and a new rear end they can drive quite nicely. Most of the modifications I've seen have been the use of a Fatman front stubbed onto the frame to give you rack and pinion. Others have stubbed on other fronts with apparent success as well. Tim Adams .. over on the P15-D24 site (most typically) ... has an interesting project going on. You might "run" over there and check out his posts. I think he is also on the "OldPlymouths" website with some information about the project as well under "BigAdams" or a similar handle.