Tulsa - June 14-16, 2007 - POC meeting and "Unearthing&

Tell us about past or present road trips in your Plymouth.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Tulsa - June 14-16, 2007 - POC meeting and "Unearthing&

Post by Johnny_S » Sat Nov 11th, 2006 2:10

Anyone heading to Tulsa in June 2007 for the unearthing of the buried '57 Plymouth? Rooms are available as of today at least at the Double Tree in downtown Tulsa at POC rates (use the code POC) of $89/night plus tax. Plymouth Owners Club members will be staying there for sure and I'm sure there will be more than one car show in the area.

HardLuckKid
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by HardLuckKid » Sun Dec 24th, 2006 4:26

I'm from Oklahoma City and just bought my first 49 plymouth. I'm planning on hitting up this event. Hopefully I can have my car almost finished by then.

How far do you have to drive to get to tulsa?

Michael

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Mon Dec 25th, 2006 6:13

I think its about 750 miles from Fort Collins, Colorado to Tulsa. I need to replace a tired fuel pump, fix an antifreeze leak and add a new set of tires to bring my rig up to road worthy for such a trip. The Plymouth Owners Club will be meeting at the Double Tree in downtown Tulsa. I'm not sure what events are actually planned yet but I'm sure there will be more than one get together. I don't think there are any rooms available yet at the Double Tree at the reduced POC rate but it would be worth a free phone call to check with them.
Last edited by Johnny_S on Mon Jan 1st, 2007 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

HardLuckKid
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by HardLuckKid » Mon Dec 25th, 2006 9:27

I wouldn't need a room. I live about 75 miles from there and have a lot of friends in the area. I'm gonna try and show up. Sounds like a good time.

My ride is completely road worthy, just needs a tune up and a new look if ya know what I mean.

Michael

adam_knox
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by adam_knox » Mon Jan 1st, 2007 11:08

I've never gone to one. Would it be worth taking the gf with? It'd be a 14 hour car trip. She doesn't mind hitting up the local car show, but by no means the enthusiast. I'll hafta scrounge the web for info, maybe I'll save up some dough and see the sights of Tulsa...

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Mon Jan 1st, 2007 11:18

I suspect you can find enough stuff to do in Tulsa besides the car show to keep a girl friends interest up. You just may have to miss a bit of the show. I'm interested in seeing how well the Plymouth Owners Club is organized and see what type of events they have in mind. I haven't found much on the web yet other than the basics of ......"We're having some cool stuff going on!" So, if you find some detail ... let us know. Plus, I'm really interested to meet some of the various characters who hang around on the POC forum, the P15-D24 forum and this one. Always nice to be able to associate a face with a name.