Heading for Denver 2006

Tell us about past or present road trips in your Plymouth.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Heading for Denver 2006

Post by Johnny_S » Thu Feb 2nd, 2006 9:45

I'm heading for the Swap meet this weekend. Looking for 49 parts but the 49 will have to stay home unfortunately.

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Back from the Denver Swap Meet

Post by Johnny_S » Fri Mar 10th, 2006 7:20

Well, I spent about 5 hours wandering around the Denver Swap meet and didn't find a lot of vintage Mopar stuff at all. Quite a bit of advertising stuff, but I've already collected most of that. Saw a couple P15 hubcaps but they were too pricey for the condition. Thought I might find a tail-light or two or some stainless or maybe even a starter or a generator but NOPE. Lots of Mustang and Chevy. I did see a very nice engine test stand that a fellow had built for his small block Chevy's. It was built on a small flatbed trailer with a diamond plate bed over the wood. That added stability and strength to the trailer. Had a permanent instrument panel that organized all of the switches and gauges....pretty much a small dash panel. Also had a small radiator with an electric fan added for cooling. Gas tank was mounted under the trailer and seemed a little exposed if you really did pull it down the highway at speed. He used a fuel cell of some sort so it was pretty well built. Pretty neat way to test and set up your engine before dropping it in the car.