New dual carb intakes coming - AoK intake

Post here for the Parts you have for sale!

Moderator: Specialdeluxe

timkingsbury
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_3pass_Business_Coupe

New dual carb intakes coming - AoK intake

Post by timkingsbury » Tue Jan 20th, 2015 12:23

Howdy Folks -

For those who may have come across us at Chrysler Carlisle or somewhere else. You likely already know that my father Eddy Kingsbury, George Asche, his boys Rob and George III along with a buddy and myself developed a triple carb intake for the Canadian 25 1/2" big block flatheads.

We used the 50's triple that Eddy Edmunds produced and dramatically improved the flow of the intake as well as made a number of changes to the design to dramatically improve the performance (torque and RPM) over other multiple carb intakes
We did not develop that intake for commercial purposes, but for use on our rear engine dragster and a couple of personal projects. I put the setup on my 1949 Plymouth business coupe (sporting a modified 265 ci motor) and am currently getting ready to put it on a 1956 Fargo pickup.

If you want to see it in action on my car or the dragster I have uploaded a view video's on youtube.

https://www.youtube....7YNWI2Rnnvn8rig

We constantly were asked why we didn’t do an intake for the small block flathead Plymouth/Dodge motors. Well we have decided to proceed with the project! So there will be an AoK Dual Carb intake for the USA 23 1/2" flathead 6 cylinder mopars !

We basically already have all the research and the majority of testing done when we created our triple for the big block. We have had a number of car guys who are unhappy with the performance of the offy's (lots of rev but looses torque over stock) or other intakes and who are seeing huge prices for vintage Edmunds intakes, ask us to consider making a dual carb setup. We also know with lots of our triples out there to confirm our triple is outperforming the super rare Edmunds triple, that we are confident a dual carb setup would outperform any similar intake ever produced.

Our big advantage is not only is there better flow and other testing instrumentation available to us today, but foam core casting just allows for a product that could not have been made in the 40's-60's, when all of the dual carb intakes were designed.
We have spent several hours with our machinist / intake genius, who takes our designs and turns them into reality.

Right now it is looking like an AoK dual carb intake, machined, with the truck linkage tab(s) are likely going to retail for $400-$425. If we drop the water tube and truck and older car linkage tabs we are likely $25 cheaper than that.

We will, as several suggested serialize each intake. If you would like to follow the progress you can drop me a note, or follow my blog over on the p15-d24 site at the following link.

http://p15-d24.com/b...h-the-aok-boys/

Thanks again for everyone who has sent notes, called us and provided input on the project

Tim Kingsbury and George Asche
AoK Racing and Asche Mechanical Distributors

fargopickupking@yahoo.com
Attachments
DSCN0926.JPG

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: New dual carb intakes coming - AoK intake

Post by Johnny_S » Wed Aug 19th, 2015 9:27

Very good ..... done yet ?

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth