rear lights

Ashtrays, Buttons, Clocks, Knobs, Radios, Wipers, etc.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Colorado 49ner
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Club_Coupe

rear lights

Post by Colorado 49ner » Mon Mar 19th, 2007 4:49

I wanted to know if anyone out there can guide me in the right direction with my new 49ner. Is there a place where you can by new reflector strips that mount below the rear lights? Is there a place where you can get a new referbish rear light lense? Also does anyone know what the true function of the rear center red light below the license plate holder is for? Thanks.

If anyone has any answers, please respond directly to my E-mail at: aquarias75@hotmail.com. Thanks.

colorado 49ner
:wink:
Derrick

rustbucket
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by rustbucket » Tue Mar 20th, 2007 8:40

Let's see, in order, don't know, don't know and brake light.

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Wed Mar 21st, 2007 7:11

The best place to find the reflectors at the moment is to wait patiently for some to show up on eBay. But, they are often expensive because a lot of folks are looking to upgrade their faded ones. You might try Mitchell Motors or Robert Motors or Andy Bernbaum or Neil Riddle? Just google search for them....or there may be links here on the forum. Rear tail-light lens? How good of one do you want? I have several used ones ranging from so so to great. And, Rustbucket answered your third question about the brake-light. You can convert the tail-lights into brake-lights as well but you need to replace the single pole sockets with two pole sockets and do a little rewiring.

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by Root Beer Stand » Sun Jul 27th, 2008 11:54

Johnny_S wrote:You can convert the tail-lights into brake-lights as well but you need to replace the single pole sockets with two pole sockets and do a little rewiring.
My 49 has 2 pole sockets in the tail lights but uses the second pole for the turn signals.

Been thinking there MUST be way to make them work like a modern tail/brake light combo

Any ideas?

RBS

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Sun Jul 27th, 2008 1:50

Swing over to Charlie Akers 49-50Plymouth Yahoo group and post that question or search the archives. I've never made the switch myself but I know others have. In the meantime I'll check my files and see if I can come up with anything saved on the topic.

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by Root Beer Stand » Sun Jul 27th, 2008 7:32

Have the URL Johnny?
Not good at finding much of anything in the yahoo groups?
Thanks!

RBS

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Sun Jul 27th, 2008 10:03

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Sun Jul 27th, 2008 10:06

Let's try this one again....I don't think the other one gets you past the "Groups" sign up page. If you haven't created a profile you will probably need to. However, here is the URL ... just remove the spaces to complete it.

http: // groups.yahoo.com / group / 49-50Plymouth / messages

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Sun Jul 27th, 2008 10:09

Looks like both of them take you to the same spot .... the sign in page. You will need to have a Yahoo profile to get further.