Residual pressure valve? (wilwood 260-3279)

Making the wheels go around and how to stop them.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

bmw2002e3
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Residual pressure valve? (wilwood 260-3279)

Post by bmw2002e3 » Mon Jan 21st, 2013 12:06

I'm rebuilding my brakes from top to bottom, and from what I can tell the master cylinder on our '49s doesn't leave a little pressure in the line.
More modern cars with rear drums have a little pressure to keep the shoes nice and close to the drums.

Checking out wilwood's page http://wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/Mast ... alves.aspx

They have 10lb residual pressure valves which I could plumb into the lines. Thought is though, With a system designed
without them, am I just being fussy and asking for trouble by adding them?

194950dj
Tire Kicker

Re: Residual pressure valve? (wilwood 260-3279)

Post by 194950dj » Mon Jan 21st, 2013 6:18

bmw2002e3 wrote:I'm rebuilding my brakes from top to bottom, and from what I can tell the master cylinder on our '49s doesn't leave a little pressure in the line.
More modern cars with rear drums have a little pressure to keep the shoes nice and close to the drums.

Checking out wilwood's page http://wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/Mast ... alves.aspx

They have 10lb residual pressure valves which I could plumb into the lines. Thought is though, With a system designed
Built in. Master cyl. stock parts has all you need!
Best to ya, read repair manuel on adjustments carefully on shoe adjustment/brake pedal to master cyl. rod adjustment. All should be well!

Doug

bmw2002e3
Tire Kicker

Post by bmw2002e3 » Thu Jan 31st, 2013 2:30

194950dj wrote:
bmw2002e3 wrote:I'm rebuilding my brakes from top to bottom, and from what I can tell the master cylinder on our '49s doesn't leave a little pressure in the line.

Best to ya, read repair manuel on adjustments carefully on shoe adjustment/brake pedal to master cyl. rod adjustment. All should be well!

Doug
Perfect! I'll be following that manual.

ronaldsi
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_2dr_Sedan

Post by ronaldsi » Mon Feb 4th, 2013 3:06