Pulling my rear drums

Making the wheels go around and how to stop them.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

n1njazx7
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Pulling my rear drums

Post by n1njazx7 » Sat May 7th, 2011 3:50

I'm trying to pull my rear drums off so I can put in wheel studs. If I can remove my drums I can get them drilled for press in studs. I'm putting on a set of the old Torq Thrust wheels and the lug bogs don't have a big enough head on them.

Can anyone tell me how to pull them off? Maybe where to get or how to make a puller?

P-18_Guy
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: Pulling my rear drums

Post by P-18_Guy » Sun May 8th, 2011 11:21

If you haven't already, take a look at the info in the post toward the bottom of this section.

NAPA or Sears should have drum pullers for sale. The Sears sells for a little over a hundred bucks, which is a lot for a tool you won't use often. Renting one would probably be reasonable if you have a rental center nearby --for example A to Z Rental would probably have one. If you want to make one, you could take a look at the Sears and duplicate it with bar stock and a screw from a clamp -- I wouldn't recommend doing that though because you could spend a lot of time making one that didn't quite do the job, or worse, broke sending metal fragments your way. In any event, it's a job where eye protection is really a good idea.