After Market Parts and Accessories.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

bigred25s
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Rear Air Shocks

Post by bigred25s » Thu Aug 13th, 2009 9:10

Hi

I am looking into replacing the old shocks with air shocks on the rear of my '49' 4 dr Special Deluxe Has anybody out there had any dealings with this type, also any help/info as to the pressure you would set for normal running and Trailer towing

Thanks

Bob
Basingstoke UK

SHAUN
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: Rear Air Shocks

Post by SHAUN » Thu Apr 15th, 2010 8:07

Hi I put Air Shocks on my truck to pull my boat, best thing I ever did, Mine will adjust up to 225psi,when towing I run them at 125psi and normally about 70-80 psi, I notice you are from the UK I used to live in England moved to the Usa about 5 years ago, Are there many 49 Plymouth's back home.

bigred25s
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by bigred25s » Fri Apr 16th, 2010 12:15

Hi Many thanks for reply, will find out about the improvement when towing in the next 3 weeks, Will start with the same pressures you have and see how it goes, about the other cars i have been told of one more 49 Plymouth in the Newcastle area, I have seen 1 49 Dodge [being modified !!!] 1 49 De soto and another 49 Dodge but with Plymouth lights, dials etc etc owner not to happy when it was called a Plodge, Whereabouts in England did you use to live ? also whereabouts in th U.S.are you

SHAUN
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by SHAUN » Fri Apr 16th, 2010 8:30

Hi Are any of the Plymouth's/ Dodge cars Rhd Drive ??.
I last lived in Worcester, but spent many years in South Wales, originally I was from Gloucestershire, I have a House in Arkansas, but have lived on the central coast California, and spend a lot of time in New York.
Its great here in Arkansas, There are old cars everywhere sometimes you come across fields of them, and with little salt on the roads and the odd sunny day many survive well. We have no Mot or test of any kind, and with no speed cameras, cheap Petrol about 1.80 a gal, it sure is a great and relaxed place to live, and run a old car. But I do miss the Pubs, British Dry sense of humor, The BBC, and the Queen, and yes that little thing called Free Health Care.
How long have you had you Plymouth did you import her?
You mentioned the 49 Dodge, have you ever looked at the Plymouth and Dodge side by side, until you see them together you dont notice how different they are, the Dodge looks as if its a Plymouth, thats been sat on, its roof is lower its longer and wider.
I guess I brought my 49 because it reminds me of the Old Rovers back home, On the subject of old cars, I was back to the Uk last mth what have you done with all the Old cars on the road, When I lived on your side of the pond, I use to run old Fords, Volvo 240s ect I dont think I paid more than 300 for a Car, Where have they all gone???
Shaun

bigred25s
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by bigred25s » Wed Apr 21st, 2010 9:55

Hi Sorry for the delay getting back to you, will try and find the pictue of this Dodge it is RHD and does look very much like a Plymouth dash and rear end especially, Mine was imported by previous owner from Jim Raysik Clinton MO [downtown desoto] late 2007, i bought late 2008 [Wife liked it so that was the money sorted !!!!] have had to do some jobs New Exhaust, supplied by Eadys in Bedfordshire [full system inc delivery less the $200] converted 6v pos to 12v neg for towing classic caravan etc, Brakes shoes ,Cylinders & pipes all round, suspension [as mentioned] now thinking of electronic ignition !!, Agree with the Beer, would like your petrol prices, now about $9 a gallon lucky that i dont do many miles in the modern car lets me play more in the Plymouth, Nearly bought an old Rover 110 a few years ago but was running a couple of old Triumphs at the time Vitesse Conv [sports six in the US] & 2500 Pi both sold to make room for the Plymouth, a lot of the old cars disappeared due to this scrapage scheme so a lot more jap/korean bland mobiles running around, will be in Arizona and New Mexico in Sep - Oct so will be having a good look around for any breakers yards already have a few bits to pick up from Albuquerque.

Bob